Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Learning with a Mentor: Writing a Book

I have always wanted to write a book, and then this summer the opportunity came to be mentored in this activity. I am currently working with a seasoned author and another educator to pen a book. This mentor knows all the details involved with the process, and I find myself stretching and learning in ways that are positively challenging.

Learning with a seasoned mentor is so valuable. In many ways it's learning at it's best. How often do we offer ourselves, our colleagues, and our students learning events like this. With regard to learning, I wonder how experiences like this rate with regard to depth and intent--are mentorships like this the best way to learn?

True learning is humbling, and when we embrace this learning with a a willingness to reflect on the process, we learn a lot about how to teach too.