Monday, November 07, 2016

Kind Words from Friends and Colleagues

It's been a very challenging week. So challenging that I shared the struggle on Facebook. It was great to get so many words of encouragement and camaraderie--words that will help me forge the steps ahead in the days to come.

I don't know why we can't work with positive, honest, inclusive collaboration in schools. i don't know why there have to be so many secrets, unspoken news, and missing support. There's such opportunity to do well by children if we respect each others efforts and dedication, yet when we are continually challenged, dismissed, silenced, and ignored, it's difficult to keep that flame of good work and effort alive.

Like anyone, I'm not perfect, but I want to teach well, and there's nothing that hurts me more than when people place obstacles in the way of good work and collaboration. Every time a question is not answered, a good effort is criticized, and information is unshared, we loose that potential possible--potential to come together to do all we can to teach well.

It will never be perfect. We will make mistakes as we try to do the best we can. We will need to be kind and compassionate to one another. No matter what happens in the days ahead, I will not forget that.