Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Election Results Are Pouring In

At 11:12 on Tuesday, November 9th, I'm quite surprised with the election results that are pouring in. It's not what I expected.

I'm not feeling great about the results. I am surprised that Trump could demean so many and do so well with the vote. If he wins, let's hope he doesn't bring forth the hatred he espoused throughout his campaign. Let's also hope he doesn't ally himself to international leaders who do not have the best interests of our country in mind or action.

As an American, the results say to me that Americans need to get involved, act for what they believe in, and do what they can to forward a positive agenda for all Americans.

I'm still hoping Clinton will win, but if Trump wins, I hope he will bring his love for his family forth when he thinks of Americans. The way he cares for his family is good and perhaps he can extend that. May he extend himself beyond the sound bites and angry threats to good service to Americans.

I'm happy that Massachusetts voters voted NO on question two. The MTA put considerable money and time into this and the forecasted win is good news. Our state has the best public schools and I hope that we will use this vote to empower all of our schools even more.

I have a sense that more Americans, at least in these parts, will be sad and worried tomorrow. It is a surprising night, one that has left me with a lot of angst.

Update 1:04
It doesn't look good for Hillary Clinton. I've been reading the tweets and FB notes.

My thoughts right now lie in the wake-up call this election has been. The only response I can see is to contribute more and better to our democracy in ways that matter. I do believe deeply that most Americans want a strong and good country, and if we use the energy this election has created for good, we will do better. We have to be mindful, observant, outspoken, and active now.

2:02
Clinton campaign manager speaks. "It's been a long night; it's been a long campaign. . .every vote should count. . .we are not going to have anything more to say tonight. . . head home, get some sleep. We'll have more to say tomorrow. . . Your voices and your enthusiasm means to much to her. . . we are so proud of you. . .so proud of her. . .she's done an amazing job. . she's not done yet. Good night. We'll have more to say. . .Thank you!