Friday, November 18, 2016

Educators: Stay Informed, Seek Professional Advancement

In the past year I have been working with a number of educational leaders from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE). Each time I meet with these leaders I am inspired and impressed by their research, preparation, and respect for educators. Their leadership empowers our collective work in many ways, ways that teachers may access and participate in on a regular basis as one way to uplift, inform, and advance their efforts to teach well.

This is a list of some of the Massachusetts' Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) opportunities that will support your efforts to stay informed and participate:
In the days ahead, I'll share a few more resources that were highlighted when I attended the state's West-Central Teacher Advisory Cabinet (TAC) meeting yesterday. One role of the teacher advisory cabinet is to share information with state colleagues. 

I appreciate the care with which these meetings are organized and carried out as it's an engaging, empowering, and educational way to uplift my practice and support my colleagues too.

I also serve on the MTA's professional learning committee. I continue to find our state union a wonderful source of inspiration and professional development and I will report out on those efforts as well.

It's in every educator's best interests to continually develop his/her craft in ways that matter. Though at times it can seem like too much on top of the daily work, this learning is truly what makes our teaching and learning meaningful and powerful for the students we teach and colleagues we collaborate with.