Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Class Jobs: Why Didn't I Think of This Before?



Class Job List
This morning I'm trying to anticipate and change all the little details that were annoying last year. One of those areas was classroom jobs.

Over the years, I've tried all kinds of job structures with regard to the work that has to be done each week to keep the classroom clean and operative.

Truly with 24 children and two or more teachers in one room all day combined with active learning, the mess and jobs to do are  quite extensive. Hence, there's a need for everyone to pitch in with some kind of organized plan to keep the room clean and complete all the daily tasks.

So today I crafted a plan that I think will be easy for everyone to follow. The chart above demonstrated the plan. Each child has a number. Children will work with a partner to complete the job. Each week partners will have a different job. Jobs are lettered A-L. All students or I have to do is look at the list to know who has what job each week. I'll enlarge the post and hang it on the organization bulletin board for all to see.

Of course there are jobs that everyone has to do each day too which includes desk organization, floor clean-up, stacking chairs, and their coat rack clean-up. I hope this plan streamlines the need for me to redirect and manage the clean-up and daily tasks. I'll introduce the plan on the first day of school. Let's see what happens.