Friday, August 12, 2016

Avoid Conversations That Go No Where

Sometimes I get fired up at a really good conversation about change and development. I think, "Wow, this is going to happen and it's going to be really good."

Sometimes those conversations truly result in optimal change. I can count on those involved to commit to their words and try out the ideas posed.

Other times, the conversations go nowhere. We talk about it because it's been assigned. Ideas are exchanged. I get excited, and the words go nowhere. No one was really invested enough to carry out the discussion and translate it into action.

I guess as I think about this, I really have to steer clear of the conversations that go nowhere. I can't get my hopes up for positive change when the investment, care, and inclusion isn't there. It's very discouraging to say the least.

But, I have to remember, there are those conversations that do result in good work, forward movement, and positive effort. I have to steer my ship in that direction. Onward.