- a more thoughtful introductory phase that will set the stage for a year of engaging math/science teaching/learning, teamwork, and teaching all students. In the past, while most students embraced the project, some were reluctant, and I hope that this more deliberate introduction will invite all students into the learning.
- an introduction to math/science practices and cross-cutting science concepts
- a movement from individual creation to group work.
- engaging, hands-on home study practice and creativity activities.
- initial teamwork exercises to help students think about what it means to work as a team.
- more deliberate introduction to the materials available and other materials we may need.
- a chance to design, re-design, and re-purpose prior to the arcade project.
- a more explicit and organized introduction/review of our school's service learning efforts.
|A design process including elements like those noted above leads the|
way my teaching team and I design learning with and for students.
If you're thinking of starting your year in a similar way, I offer the presentation below as a guide. Also, if you have ideas to add, please share.