Monday, June 13, 2016

The Big Clean Up

I can tell that students are saturated. When I look into their eyes all I see is a readiness for vacation. So I'm shifting the learning schedule a bit and tomorrow we'll do the big clean up. That will clear the stage for the very end-of-school wrap-up, the time when we exchange stories, write letters, and learn in a more relaxed, simple way.

If you push too much during the fragile last few days of school, you take a chance that the end won't be peaceful and kind. Hence, I'm not taking any chances and completing the year with as much care and kindness as possible.

During the big clean up, students will collect all their things, organize the room, and ready for the final days' events. When we're done, we'll shift to remaining science study and preparation for the upcoming nature field trip.