Why wouldn't a colleague or leader share goals, reflections, actions, and vision?
When the team makes time to answer the questions below both alone and together, what we can do as educators and leaders develops exponentially.
- What did we do this year?
- What worked and what didn't?
- Where did students learn in dynamic, positive, and forward moving ways?
- Where did we miss the mark?
- What can we do individually and together to get better?
- What do we need to do a better job?
- How did the system perform overall?
- Where were the strong points and where were the weak points?
- What efforts should be noted as exemplary--who did work that all should know about and possibly replicate?
Too often the missing piece with regard to good education is communication--communication of ideas, communication of reflection, communication of need, communication of effort, and communication of opportunity.
How can we change that?
Why does this communication gap exist?
Let me know?