Saturday, May 07, 2016

Teaching Fun!

We're about to embark on a number of learning events that are lots of fun! That's one reason why we teach--we love the excitement and play that teaching/learning can be.

What does this mean for the days ahead?

First, it means that it's important to dress for these playful adventures. Sneakers, "play clothes," and "dress for the weather." will be the mainstay.

Next it means bringing a lighter than usual attitude. To explore in nature, create with STEAM projects, compost, sing, and read great books takes a great deal of happy energy.

After that, it's time to put the heavy thinking, plans, and most paperwork aside and replace it with lots of conversation, student games, and team building.

It's the first year in a long time when I haven't had to make a big transition from one year to the next. As far as I know I'm staying in the same school at the same grade in the same room with the same curriculum (mostly) and that's awesome!!!  Change is good once in a while, but I've had significant change year to year for the past many years so I welcome the consistency this year brings and I welcome the time for happy play and exploration with my students as the year end nears. Onward.