Wednesday, April 27, 2016

You Can't Do It All: End of Year Events

Spring is a very busy time of year in the community where I teach. There are sports events, concerts, plays, picnics, open houses, and lots of special family and community events too. It's also a time of lots of transition, and for educators, it's when we have one foot in this year and another foot in the planning and preparation for next year.

Last night when my son came to me with a question, I realized that the end-of-year business had begun, and it's time to make those decisions about what events you'll attend and which events you'll skip.

This morning, I took some time organizing the events for our learning team newsletter, and later today, I'll meet with my teammates to review the many events planned for the days ahead.

Most importantly, you don't want to become overwhelmed by it all. One way to avoid this is to make the time to sit down with family members and colleagues to make those important decisions and plan for the special events you don't want to miss. You can't do it all, but you want to do what's most important to you, your team, and the children.