Saturday, February 06, 2016

Cerebral Malaria and Poor Communication Systems

When my son had cerebral malaria a few years back, I read a lot about it. Essentially the capillaries leading to the brain become clogged by the disease and the brain, our body's informational center, no longer receives blood and dies.

The same is true for poor communication systems. People who work in isolated ways rarely to never share their work. Thus the efforts reach a dead end and eventually what the organization can do is greatly compromised. On the other hand when good communication systems exist, like a healthy blood/brain system, our work is capitalized, extended, synthesized in important, forward moving ways.

I want to think more on this analogy--a sad, but I think true, connection.


Note: Fortunately my son survived this terrible disease.