So as we begin this new unit of study, I'm trying to find the time to do the following:
- Post key vocabulary in places where students can readily refer to it.
- Make time to review vocabulary and let students make it their own through exercises that will contribute to their learning throughout the unit.
- Organize and introduce the related manipulatives and math tools well.
- Make time for the Standards of Mathematical Practice (SMPs) throughout the unit.
- Make time for meaningful math talk.
- Design learning pages and learning experiences in ways that meet the diversity of learners' needs in the class.
- Organize and assign homework in differentiated ways using multiple online and offline resources.
Fortunately since my main focus this year is math education, I have more time than most elementary school teachers to dive into this teaching, but I still find that time is short to do it all. Yet, by writing this down once again, there's a better chance I'll be able to carve out the time to complete the necessary tasks to make this a meaningful, engaging, and productive unit of study. Onward.