While I'm not a big fan of the bus ride, I do enjoy the chance to see my students learn in a new venue. I get to step back a bit to watch. As I watch, I'll think about the ways that we'll bring this learning forward when we're back at school too.
What's important for the field study are the following actions:
- Have a class list ready.
- Phone powered up.
- Make sure that everyone has a lunch and snack.
- Make sure that everyone wears a warm jacket.
- Dress comfortably for lots of movement inside and out.
- Review the expectations with students.
- Bring the health bag.
- Make sure we don't forget the check.