Prior to a test there's always that question related to how much practice is good, and what level of practice overdoes it.
I'll give students a chance to practice quite a bit this morning to warm them up for this afternoon's computation test.
Just before the test, I'll share the following test strategies--strategies that match this test:
- Take your time.
- Copy the figures correctly and neatly.
- Calculate accurately.
- Use graph paper if it makes it easier for you to line up the numbers and complete the problem correctly.
- Check your work with the inverse operation and/or in other ways.
- Bubble accurately.
- Keep track of what problem you're on.
- If you don't know an answer, circle and move ahead as later questions may help you to remember how to answer that question.
- When done check over your bubbles, close the booklet, and quietly read.
In all, the most important directions for students are "Do Your Best" and "Show Off What You Know" as the test results will help us to teach you well. Onward.