Therefore there's lots to do to prep for school year 2014-2015. I've written many lists, and each list becomes more and more specific as I understand the details. So to know the curriculum well so I can teach well. I'll follow this order.
- Read the new Next Generation Standards Document.
- Read the State and system-wide science standards documents.
- Synthesize the approaches and focus on six main units.
- Consult the blogs, websites, and resources including Mr. Musselman's blog for ideas.
- Plan the roll-out of each unit.
- Step-by-step review the grade level standards using Khan Academy.
- Organize the curriculum roll-out in relation to State and system-wide scope and sequences.
- Add related information to the class math website.
- Participate in DESE math class this summer.
- Collect and organize all related posts and activities.
- Create a curriculum to implement and share in the fall.
- Create a biography template to guide the study.
- Include posts on character and related skills into the study template.
- Access biographies from the wonderful school library collection.
Next Generation Fifth Grade Science Standards