Monday, April 14, 2014

Promoting Change

Often we see room for change, but we may not have the role to make that change happen.

What's one to do.

Before, I pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed.

Now, I'm going to choose with greater care.

First, if the change means better service to children, I will push. I won't let a child continue with processes, actions, and events that can be changed to serve them better. This will be my area of primary response.

Next, if I see room for streamlining by making systems more targeted, efficient, and effective, I will speak up, but I won't push as much. In these areas, everyone has a responsibility to speak up, and if people don't speak up, change won't happen.

Like most teachers, I enjoy contributing to the learning environment.  I want to help effect top-notch service to children in the learning community, and offer the best of what I have to give.  I also realize, however, that I am one voice, and it's important for all to speak up, share their thoughts, and make a commitment to growing our systems for best effect.

Promoting positive change is part of the good work we do as educators, a part of our job that profits from greater share, advocacy, and contribution.