The elements will include the mindset, preparation, and actions that create the framework of a child-centered school year.
The elements, to date, include:
- Knowing Your Role: Expectations and Standards
- Creating the Learning Environment
- Building the Learning Community
- Establishing Learning Routines.
- Learning Design
- Scope and Sequence: The Big Picture
- Assessing Students' Needs and Interests
- Unit Design
- Lesson Planning and Design
- Feedback and Response
- Professional Learning
As I move forward towards next year, I'll rearrange the blog to better guide my own work and the work of others who are looking for these ideas.