Sunday, December 22, 2013

Have You Written a Narrative Lately?

Common core and other standards require students at many levels to write a narrative.

When was the last time you applied all that you teach to write your own narrative, real or fiction?

In the coming weeks, I'll challenge myself once again to write a narrative.  I'll do this prior to students' start of the unit.

Perhaps I'll even go through all the steps to publish this short story. Once I immerse myself in all the steps, I'll better be able to guide students in a similar journey.

Last year, I conducted a like effort as I composed a digital story about a childhood event.

Let me know if you've challenged yourself with writing and publishing your own narrative?  If you've blogged about it, I'd love to read your thoughts.  Thanks.