Friday, November 22, 2013

NCTE Conference: Today's Focus and Agenda

Today at the NCTE Conference I'll have my eye on the future with regard to teaching children well.

I'll first focus on digital literacy and multimedia composition as I lead round table discussions and share a poster. I look forward to the discussions I'll have related to the use of digital tools and composition in the literacy studio to foster students' development of reading, writing, speaking, presentation, and 21st century skills: communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity.

I also look forward to reading and learning about ways to continue to develop students' reading and writing engagement, comprehension, and routines.  Similarly I will focus on my own professional and recreational writing and reading efforts as I know that we teach better if we are also engaged in the many curriculum areas we promote each day.

Finally I'll look for examples of interdisciplinary, project/problem base work that relates to literacy development, student engagement, and knowledge building.

Today's Agenda:

7:00 a.m. Registration, coffee, and a chance to get my bearings.

A. 9:30-10:45: My Round Table Conversation

B. 11:00-12:15 In order to build my knowledge and understanding of high level digital story writing and share, I'll attend this workshop.

C. 12:30-1:45: At this time I'll present my poster related to multimedia composition.  I look forward to discussions with others who are interested in this topic. 


12:30-2:15 I'll grab a bite to eat and look over the many books available to purchase.


D. 2:30-3:45 As I continue to work to build my support of all readers, I'll attend these
elementary sessions to learn and engage in the conversations below.




 E. 4:00 - 5:15 I am interested in strategies to engage our most challenged students, and this workshop will provide that information.


If I'm still energized, I'll attend this event. I look forward to the vibrant presentations that 
are included in this celebration.