Saturday, September 28, 2013

New MA Evaluation System Tips


This little film can serve teachers prepping for the new evaluation system 
as well as students designing their learning paths.

I've noticed that my posts related to the new MA evaluation system are getting a number of hits. I imagine that's because for many schools the deadline for self assessments, writing goals, and making plans is around the corner. Here's a short list of support.

Our school system put together a website to guide teachers. This provides teachers with an easy guide to follow.

I've written a number of posts which may be helpful: Writing SMART Goals, The First Eval Meeting, and Navigating MA new initiatives.

Finally, I put together a website to guide teachers' efforts in depth. This post both explains and links to the website.

Most of all, it's important for educators to shine a bright light on the fine work and efforts they've devoted to teaching over their career as well as highlighting the growth initiatives they intend to embark on in the year ahead with regard to professional practice, student learning, and the standards they'll be evaluated on.

I hope this is helpful to you!