What will the journey include?
I. Summer Study
- Learning Design Checklist
- ELA Standards Review
- Curriculum Map Outline Details/Research
II. School Year Plans:
A. Focus: Children First
B. First Six Weeks:
- Establish patterns i.e. class meetings, reading/writing/math workshops, classroom supplies and materials, classroom routines and protocols.
- Classroom set up for independent work.
- Focus on the habits of mind and action for successful students.
- Early family conferences and curriculum introduction.
C. Year's Learning Design: Embedding standards into student-centered, engaging, multi-modal learning design that follow a "loose-tight" curriculum map.
D. Daily format with interdisciplinary approach including the following foci:
- 1 hour reading/reading meetings
- 1 hour writing/writing conferences
- 1 hour math
- 1 hour PBL
- 1 hour study i.e. skills review
E. Regular student meetings, goal setting and review.
- early review of student assessments and learning plans, goal setting and establishment of team process and communication.
- regular review, revision of goals to best meet student needs.
III. Professional Learning:
- Focus One: Specific Grade-Level Curriculum
- Focus Two: Learning Design and Approach
- Focus Three: Positive Collaboration Focused on Student Engagement and Success.