With this in mind, I'm going to move forward after Thanksgiving with three main academic goals in mind:
- Reading and writing personal narratives.
- Computation and Problem Solving.
- Factors and Multiples.
If you noticed all three goals really included two goals, but I couldn't cull down the long list anymore.
At the center of these units will be a focus on effective coaching that puts student learning center stage.
The success criteria for these elements will include students' completion of the following:
- a hand-crafted personal narrative that demonstrates craft, voice and organization.
- demonstrated skill on facts and computation tests.
- completion of weekly open response problems.
- individual and class factors/multiple projects
Now I'll get busy crafting a schedule that meets these goals.
p.s. We also have time reserved at the end of the month for "Creativity Days."