Like most teachers today, I'm infusing more and more technology into our daily learning. I'm learning about ways to do this that engage and empower learners while meeting System, State and Federal standards.
This is the model I'm using for Tech Workshop.
- Focus Lesson and Student Share: I facilitate a brief skill, concept and/or knowledge focus lesson as students sit at desks or gather on the rug. Students share tech exemplars and/or work they need help on utilizing a document camera, white board and computer.
- The Tech Menu is introduced. The Tech Menu is a list that begins with "have-to" tasks ordered by priority, then choices.
- Students work at desks and in small groups at tables or other classroom learning nooks.
- Teachers target instruction and respond to student needs one-to-one and in small groups.
- At the end of tech workshop, classical music* is played as a signal to clean up, put away the computers, and prepare for the next event.
- Later during a class meeting, we'll use our Google Learning Action Table to review the learning efforts and target follow-up activity for both in-school and at-home learning.