1. Teachers are hired to serve children well.
2. School systems establish vision, goals and protocol.
3. Teachers are educated to teach well. Teaching well includes the following:
- Knowing your students well.
- Knowing your content well.
- Creating structures that facilitate optimal learning for all.
- Communication. Response.
4. Optimal teacher evaluation systems include the following:
- System vision, goals.
- Teacher strengths.
- Teacher/system growth goals.
- Plan for achieving goals.
- Assessment related to plan's success.
- Future goals, efforts.
In summary, the evaluation process for teachers should be a process that helps teachers continue to grow as professionals in line with an educational system's vision and goals. The evaluation system should include acknowledgement of a teacher's strengths as well as focus on a combined teacher/system area of desired growth and goals as well as a plan for achieving those goals. Finally, the evaluation should acknowledge the teacher's growth, plan success, and future desired areas of study and development.
It should be a fluid, developmental process based on what's best for student achievement and education.