Sunday, July 08, 2012

MTA Summer Conference: ePortfolios and Content Websites

Photo Credit
What are you doing from August 5th-9th?  If you're free, and would like to join Massachusetts' educators for a professional development conference, please follow this link.  The conference takes place in the beautiful town of Williamstown, Massachusetts at the prestigious Williams College.

I've targeted my learning for the conference.  I hope to develop my skills in the areas of teaching reading, writing and multi-media composition.  I packed my days full of workshop titles and still didn't have room for all the great offerings.

I'm also offering a workshop on Thursday. During the workshop educators will learn and/or refine their skills related to ePortfolios and content websites.  I utilize ePortfolios and content websites in my classroom as vehicles for students' performance collections and resources for students' independent and collaborative learning.  Using Google sites, I have created ePortfolios and content websites for the following educational purposes:

For the past few years, I have devoted a number of summer days to professional learning.  I target the time for specific learning and teaching work.  Although I'm always reluctant to give up the beautiful days of summer with my family, I never regret making the time for this as the learning serves my work and students' program well throughout the year.  

Hence, if you have the time, it would be great to learn with you at the MTA Summer Conference.  Please contact me if you have questions about the workshop I'm offering as I'd like to tailor the workshop as much as possible to your needs and interests.