The best way to do that is to create a pattern that gives you time to meet the goals you've set. What will your pattern look like?
For me, the pattern will mirror last year's pattern in a large part with the following elements:
- Monday-Friday early mornings: research, reflect, and write.
- Monday-Friday 8-4: Teach
- Monday, Wednesday Evenings: Teach Teacher Candidates
- Weekly co-moderating of #edchat
- Weekly Gates grant work and TLI efforts
- Monthly participation on Child Study Committee and Union meetings.
- Periodic Professional Learning Events:
- Malden #edcamp: October
- System-wide Professional Learning Events
- October 7 Lecture: FSU
I've also set aside some time for family, friends, and personal events and efforts. I'm looking forward to applying the big think of summer with the children and colleagues I teach and learn with. Onward.