Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lots of Traffic on the Teaching Road

There's lots of traffic on the teaching road these days. New teacher evaluation systems, standards-based report cards, new standards, RTI, PLCs, new tech tools, RETELL, progress monitoring/data, new tests/old tests, and probably more cars, busses, and trucks of change than I can recall at this moment.

I've driven my teacher car in a meandering path to best navigate the traffic to get to the place I'm at right now.This rest stop is a good one so I think I'll park my car for a while, focus on the children in my class, and teach well. I'll let others navigate the change for a bit while I deepen and strengthen my classroom craft with the tools, strategies, and materials I've gathered on the journey so far. I'm looking forward to this child-centered, classroom respite.