Later, there's much to consider including the following:
- A strategic plan for utilizing technology to empower students' literacy skills and information access.
- Considering and creating STEM labs at our elementary schools.
- Developing RTI more so that we personalize student programs for best effect.
- Writing grants and obtaining the funding for sound-proof recording/videotaping rooms.
- Making the work we do meaningful as much as possible by embedding service learning and community based projects into our learning.
- Growing our global interactions, awareness and study.
- Developing brain coaching and strengthening through carefully chosen tools and exercises.
- Retiring old practices that are no longer effective; identifying traditional practices that remain essential and developing new and innovative approaches to engaging, empowering learning activities.
- Continuing to creatively look at time-on-task and scheduling to optimize educator and student energy, investment and outcomes.
- Revisiting traditions that build camaraderies and care. Updating where necessary.
The challenge lies in giving today the time and energy it deserves while leaving space for later's needs and interests.