Saturday, January 20, 2018

There's Always More That You Can Do

There's always more that you can do in any area of life, and deciding how you're going to move forward is an important consideration in light of this, a consideration I perseverate about daily in my blog.

So as I think of it today, I am pushing myself forward to focus in on the following efforts:

Analysis and Completion of Recent Math Assessments
I have found that a deep understanding of my learners leads to better teaching, hence this weekend I'll do a deep dive into student assessment data to note where children are at now and who and where I can lead forward in the days ahead. A few children did not have a chance to complete these assessments, and they'll do that on Monday.

Mixtures and Solutions Lab
Students will engage in a wonderful mixtures and solutions lab on Wednesday, and I have a lot to do to prep the materials and ready the classroom for this inviting task.

Progress Report Completion
There's a bit of work to do to complete the Progress Reports that will go home on Thursday.

Professional Learning
I hit a few snags with the online learning related to special ed again, so once again I decided to not get the PDPs in that way. I hope to take an upcoming MTA professional learning class or a summer math study in this area to complete this needed task. I will also present at the 3/22 ATMIM conference so I have so prep to do in that regard. I've got some grants to write and research with colleagues too.

Back on the teaching/learning track after a great big idea share with my Professional Learning Community (PLN) on #satchat this morning.