Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Celebrate the Talents Around You

I work and live with many whose talents inspire me. These are people who have talents I will never have, and I appreciate the fact that these people share their good talents with others. Rather than begrudge the talents of others or treat those talents with selfishness or disregard, it's best to celebrate and share in their talents. None of us are the same.

I was reminded of this several times today as I watched and listened to people with talents that are extraordinary--talents in leadership, speaking, socializing, attention to detail, and more. Too often people's talents are disregarded because they create fear in others--fear that they may not live up to another's talent. The truth is that we should develop our own strengths and enjoy the strengths of others. That's a path of success for all.