Thursday, April 17, 2014

Working Within the Boundaries

I have often pushed the boundaries. I have done this because by pushing the boundaries I have discovered many new engaging processes for teaching and learning.

In some places, pushing the boundaries is acceptable, and in other places pushing the boundaries is heavily frowned upon.

I will divide myself. In the places that frown upon pushing the boundaries, I will now work within the boundaries and find creative ways to meet students' needs within the framework allowed. In places where I can freely explore, I will push the boundaries to learn, discover, and find out.

Boundaries, sometimes, can create energy, drive, and a will to find a new way.  That is the upside of boundaries.  On the other hand, some boundaries can limit possibility, potential, and growth.  Similar to most areas of life and thought, balance is typically the best direction.

There are times when you realize pushing the boundaries in some spheres is simply not worth the time and effort. That's a time when new doors open, and new quests begin. Onward.


Within My Bounds
Study of Cognition.
Apt Learning Design.
Interdisciplinary Efforts.
Common Core Standards.
Creating Class Community and Care.
Classroom Communication.
Instructional Tools for Presentation.