Sunday, April 13, 2014

Massachusetts New Teacher Evaluation System: Update

Many teachers in Massachusetts are putting together their binders of evidence this month as part of the new evaluation process.

The process can be cumbersome, but it is in every educator's best interests to demonstrate their best efforts and work when it comes to evidence and goals.

Here are some sites that can help as you navigate this work.

1. Wayland Public Schools' Evidence Document: This list of types of evidence you can use to demonstrate your work was created by a large group of teachers and leaders.

2. ePortfolio Example: This is an example of my ePortfolio which lists the types of evidence I've used and the way I chart the information.  Feel free to use as a model, and if you have ideas for me, please let me know.  Also, if you're using other types of ePortfolios or offline binder templates, feel free to share in the comments section.

3. TeachFocus website: This website helps educators to look specifically at each element on the teachers' evaluation rubric.  The website may offer some language and examples which are helpful.

4. Timeline: This post provides a timeline of efforts for this year, but can be used as you think ahead with regard to the evaluation system.  I'll likely update it in the months to come.

I wish you well as you complete this process.