Tuesday, January 01, 2013

School Orders?

As schools change and technology advances, the materials we order for school life begin to change too.  In many cases, teachers are the individuals who choose and order materials---we navigate multiple systems to acquire the materials we need and desire to run a successful year.

Often, the ordering process happens at the end of the school year, and sometimes ordering is possible during the year.  Busy curriculum schedules and time on task prohibit teachers from the ordering work and effort necessary, hence I'm starting a public ordering wish list today.  I'll add to this list as I identify materials and objects that would help me to foster an optimal program for my students.  Please feel free to contact me with suggestion or ideas as the list evolves.

Materials List

Books:
Mastering the Basic Math Facts in Multiplication and Division: A book that provides conceptual activities to build fact facility.

Fact Mastery Workbook: a simple math facts workbook for 5-10 minute daily review and practice when students arrive in class.


Technology:
Digital stories and equipment such as iPads, mini iPads or other materials to foster digital story study and use.


This list will grow as the year progresses, and then when ordering occurs during the final, tired weeks of the school year, I'll be prepared.